Friday, June 3, 2011

SILVER WOLF

Derrick and I attended Silver Wolf this past Friday and Saturday. My calling here in my ward is the Cubmaster and Derrick's is the Weblos leader. I hope I never have to leave the cubscouts! I love the boys and all the amazing things they are learning to become better men and fathers in this world! Silver Wolf is an Adult Training on how to become the ideal scout leader. I will say that I walked away with what people call the "spirit of scouting." I seriously have this burning desire to become a better person and scout leader. The boys are the reason! We had so much fun and the bunk beads we slept on were not too bad either! Before we left we wrote goals and in a year we will meet up and if we have accomplished those goals we will earn our Silver Wolf award! GREAT things to look forward to! I meet many friends that I feel I will know for a long time. Overall we learned more ways to magnify our callings in the scouting program! I hope everyone in the scouting program takes the opportunity to attend Silver Wolf.  I was waiting to post once I got pictures.... I guess I'll post without them.

No comments: