Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Elder Kava

A hard day came when I realized a friend from my mission died! The second elder from NOM to pass away. He was so young!! Like they say, The Good Die Young! My heart hurts for his family, I can't stop thinking about him and our time in NoM, Nebraska Omaha Mission! Elder Kava was a gentle giant!! He was a huge Tongan. He was always kind to me and I wished we kept in touch after the mission besides through Facebook!!
If anyone knows the caterpillar from a Bugs Life... Well when I first met Elder Kava he made his hands short and waved them up and down and said, "i'm such a beautiful butterfly"! Well Hello!!! On this particular Pday, we were playing football! I am in no way a football player,  but i played because it was something to do as a zone! And it probably was cold. The elders always talked us into crazy stuff!! I asked Kava why he was not playing and he said he doesn't like football, and I said, your a big Tongan, how could you not like football!? Then I convinced him to stand as a line backer and explained his role! It was totally not him but he tried! And I loved that he would help his fellow missionaries!! 

We always had so much fun! He was just a funny guy that did not care what others thought of him, he was organic and everything he did was ALL HIM!

I remember when Elder Kava was asked to be a Spanish missionary for a short time! He was was just like Nephi, "I will go and do." I know this time in his mission was a HUGE struggle. He worked and learned the best he could! Even when he was not appreciated as he could have been! 

Elder Kava was in my district for a while and one time we played Apples to Apples! OMGsh I almost peed my pants laughing at this kid! He was soooooo funny! Another time we went to a playland like McDonalds but GINORMOUS AND Adults could go in too! Well our whole district went and we had SOOOO MUCH fun!!

Thanks for always being an example Elder Kava!
Until we meet again Vikatoa Kavapalu





No comments: