Sunday, March 20, 2011

Winnemucka

Yea so I am sitting on a broken down bus in Winne-freakin-mucka, Nevada. Yes the bus has broken down. I am pretty sure I can not handle this another year. I have gone three years in a row and we are three for three years with a broken bus. The whole week is way stressful as is let alone a bad bus. We actually have had problems with it from early on. The brakes have been acting up (which by the way I had a dream that the brakes went out while driving the streets of San Fran... I protested city driving and the only scary road we had to drive down I closed my eyes and said a prayer), the bus wobbles when we turn right, and our blinkers have worked on and off. The problem we have broken down for is entirely different.   We are leaking oil on a wheel bearing.... leaking like puddles of oil by the minute, until it is all gone. We are currently waiting for a bus to come from our University to rescue us. By the time is gets here and we transfer everything over; we are looking at a 24 hour road trip home.... that is insane! It did not help that it took 5 hours to make it up and over Doner's pass. Chains were required on every vehicle! We think it was then that the bus broke, we heard something but found nothing. Too bad we did not have the good bus! Our bus driver is way amazing and has been a good sport about everything! I do not want this little episode to ruin our trip. It has been amazing to see 30 strangers become the best of friends! A week of serving others can do wonders on people! I love the feeling of knowing that I am helping someone and the lasting impact it can have on their life! Wow I have way more funny stories to tell later and pictures to post!

1 comment:

Jessie Moore said...

I hope you got home safely!! What the heck people, give these good souls a new bus!! :) Love you!