Saturday, March 26, 2011

A dollar for every time someone told me!

So today I attended my sister's baby showers!! YEA! I am the last to get married and the last to have children soooooo over and over I was continually asked when I was going to have a baby. My responses differed depending on the person!
1. Oh when I'm done with school
2. Oh we have only been married 10 months, just waiting
3. Maybe in a few years
4. When we wouldn't have the government pay for it.
5.When Derrick and I are both done with school...
6. When one of us has insurance
ect... ect.... ect
I think I made something different up every time! haha If I have a dollar every time I was asked today... I would at least have enough money to enjoy a good night on the town with my husband and baby less!

Besides the fact that we feel is not right for the time, WHY must everybody think, now that your married you must have kids.... REALLY.... Is it selfish to want time with my hubby and get to know each other better first! When the time is right we will know and we do want children one day. One of us need to be out of school and working in the real world with a real job and insurance!

4 comments:

KofoedFamily said...

I say don't feel selfish at all. We had been married for almost 3 years before we had Anders and I think it was great to have time with my husband to get to know each other better. So just smile when asked and when the time is right you will know.

Mollie Rose Herrey said...

Hey Michelle... are you going to be having a baby anytime soon?

luvmorgansky said...

Thanks Heather for your positive advice! And Mollie.....you're killing me!

Jessie Moore said...

LOL...I was going to say the same thing as Mollie. You have your whole life to be a parent but only a little bit of time to just enjoy being just you two. You are fine, keep on chuggin'!