Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day One

Ogden to New Hampshire Click here to see map! (Click here to see google map of our distance traveld)

Day One- Our Freak'n Awesome Trip to New England (written on the airplane)
In SLC before checking in!


Well i promised many that i would blog our next journey,daily. I will do my best. Derrick worked a third job for a year to salve up for a trip he really wanted to go on. Today We left Ogden Ut @ 1:45pm arrived at the SLC airport @4:05 headed to Chicago Midway Airport and then onto Manchester, NH. My sister Jennifer is going with us. For once I actually packed all our clothes and had bags ready 24 hours in advanced, normally I would stay up to the wee hours in the morning packing. I don't know about you, but I get really sick and supper grumpy if I do not get at least 6 hours. I am rather proud of my self that I went to bed by 11:30 pm. I got up to go to work by 7am for a few hours. Thank you S. family for your sacrifice for letting me go for the week. I will miss Miss Ellie while I am gone! We will be covering 8 states (technically 9 because of our layover in Chicago) in 8 days. These will be crazy busy days and jammed pack full of many awesome beautiful places. Every person we told we said that this is the perfect time to go. Soooo beautiful in the fall; I am looking forward to having perfect pictures and memories.

I starting this trip in a lot of pain, about 11 days ago I told Derrick my arm hurt to move or put pressure on it, breath in deeply, lift things ect... three days later it became worse. I was not sure if I broke my clavicle or having some kind of heart problem. I decided to go see an insta care doctor. This doctor told me the pain over my heart was the cartilage in my chest wall has been tweaked. Somehow pulled, I do not know how. He gave me medicine to take to help the inflammation, 3x a day for 2 weeks. If in fact I do not agitate it, it will heal. I thought I would not use it very much because it is my non dominant hand. I realized everything at work is left handed and most things agitate it. Ten days after the initial problem, I felt I was healed.... Hmmm not so much. I now feel I am back at square one and it feels worse then the initial pain. Dr. said he would sling my arm if i could not stop using it. Extremely hard not to use it. I called the dr. and am currently waiting for a call back from the nurse. It is a bummer to be leaving on a trip with something that could potentially hold me up. The medicine does help, it's just annoying. I have never heard of this before... well one person actually has had it and described everything I am feeling. Oh and I jut got a feeling in a tooth put in, well it fell out my dental office told me they would not have time to squeeze me in to replace it, when it clearly was not my fault. Haha every time I chew it feels like chewing on tin foil with a mouth full of cavities!

Derrick and I have been to 7 states and one country (Canada) since we have been married and I am happy be to adding 8 more (does the 9th even count). I wonder how many years it will take us to to go to all the state together! We love to travel and We have many places on our Life List (what others may call bucket list, I prefer to focus on the life journey then the death aspect.).

(Written on airplane from Midway Chicago to Manchester)

We landed in Midway and Jenn and Derrick sent me a head to get in line for our next flight, only had 30 minutes. They caught up with me and we actually didn't leave on time, finally left at 9:30 for an 8:50 flight. This is going to put us in at 12:45am into Manchester. The last flight we were able to watch a pretty cool thunderstorm as we were landing. Of course I choose to go to the bathroom at the most inopportune time, a lot of turbulence makes for an interesting experience. The weather now is pretty crummy too, I hope this does not set the weather mood for the rest of the trip.

When I blog, I blog, it probably does not help that I have 5 hours to kill in the air. I have learned in the last 2 1/2 years to just zip my lips in many situations. Which leaves my mind a lot of things to actually say. This lets me put what I am thinking in my head on paper. I am not sure who really reads this blog, and honestly I would like to think a few do and enjoy it. I mainly write because it is a stress reliever, also sort of a journal. For those who do not like the all the words I hope you enjoy the pictures.

TTFN (ta ta for now)

P.S. if you do not follow me officially, sign up to on the right side of the screen and it will allow you to keep tabs whenever I update. You may need to create a profile.

In the Manchester Airport! It is a real clock

Derrick checking for bedbugs.... my sister insisted!

I may have made Derrick take out a lightbulb out in the middle of the light... it was flickering!


Pictures from 5 hours of airtime


Sent from my iPad

No comments: