Saturday, October 29, 2011

day 3

Day three
Wow what a day. Needed to catch the 6am train to NYC. That didn't work out so well when we missed it, we then waited for the 6:50. Overall we had a fun day, 2 1/2 hours on a train one way, a few sister misunderstandings, filthy feet, confusing subways, several times being directionally impaired, sore feet, two scares of  lost ID's, and to top it off it rained on us all day! Sounds fun right...... It was! The Statue of Liberty is amazing up close, Empire State is really high and has funny workers when it rains, Manhattan Lds Temple was magnificent to see amidst the hustle and bustle of he city,  and the 9/11 Memorial Ponds had many wordless moments. I think I was looking forward to seeing that the most, I remember that day, and last month marks 10years.
Here are other fun places:
Charging Bull
Trinity Church
Ellis Island
Macy's
Trump Tours
Time Square
Wall Street and protesters
New York Stock Exchange
Time Warner Building
Central Park
NYPD
NYFD
 At the end of the day we are freezing and wet from head to toe.... Probably smelled like wet dogs too...
Funny moment: I thought I lost my id and I was really frustrated pulling everything out on the ticket counter... The lady said, "I didn't know people could be pissed like that from Utah." Derrick jumped right in and said "come visit" we were all laughing. I probably was looking or my ID for about 5 minutes. We did tell her there are many nice people in UT.
Something ionic happened today...... We took a ferry to the Statue of Liberty, then we took the ferry to Ellis Island. That ferry ride gave me a brief moment of the immigrants arrival at Ellis Island...... we were literally crammed on the ferry, people so close to us, we smelled of wet dogs, the Euro is doing pretty well that most people around us were European.  I was elated to get off the stuffy ferry, then to see the luggage when we walked into the Immigration Museum. Wow that was a moment I'll never forget.




No comments: