Friday, October 21, 2011

To Gaylene


When I was 11 my family moved to Clarkston, Washington. I would be going into the 6th grade and would be attending my 5th elementary school. My first time at church I remember meeting two girls whom I did not know that day, would become my very closest friends.  Gaylene and I quickly become friends and did almost everything together! She was the friend every friend longed to have and I was so lucky to have! I looked up (and still do) to her in almost all ways: she was kind to everyone,  was thrifty with her money, musically talented, had a strong faith in Jesus Christ, accepted me for who I was and the list could go on! The years I lived in Clarkston helped me to know who I was and who I wanted to be. My family moved to Utah when I was 14, I was devastated. I know now that we had to go but then it was hard to understand and it was extremely difficult to leave my friends! My family moved to Morgan, Utah. A place I call home and love with all my heart. No one ever replaced my friends! Every payday, even if money was tight, my dad gave me a phone card.  This phone card seemed to always last til the next payday, even when I spoke hours on end. When I sought a friend to listen to me.... I called, when my sister's had a baby.... I called, when I had something exciting happen at school.... I called, when I was depressed and I knew she would understand.... I called, when I was asked out to a dance.... I called, when I had something strengthen my testimony.... I called, when I crushed on a boy.... I called, when I went on a trip with my family...... I called. To say the least, I was always on the phone and she was always there to listen. I now look back and hope I was the friend she was to me! Gaylene and I today are still close! We call when life allows, visit each other as often as we can, TX daily. I am not sure I could have made it through the last 14years with out my best friend(s). Gaylene is not the only friend that helped me through the good, bad, ugly and wonderful things of the last 14 years! I have been blessed beyond measure with people whom have impacted my life! I choose to write about Gaylene because she recently got married and I am so proud of the life she has lives to be who she is today! She continues to strengthen me when I am down and loves me unconditionally.
I love you Gaylene
(ps.... I do not promise grammatical perfection)

1 comment:

Gaylene said...

Ahh you made me cry...I am definitely the lucky one. It is not everyday that you meet a friend that last through all the changes that life brings, but I am glad that we have made it work and we continue to make it work. I love you!!