Sunday, August 30, 2009

A road trip well worth it! and a little adventure... DAY 1

splattered mud on my car...

Well 5 hours on the road alone gives a girl a lot of time to think about... and that was one way. And the route I took has a lot shorter then I would have thought! Thanks to Brenda for the pointer to take that route!


Going up there I had worked myself up and I was actually a little frustrated at the situation, that is why I was planning on going up and getting my stuff then basically going home. But a lot of my friends tx me and called me and begged me to come up to the lodge. I came up with many excuses but all of them were solved before I got there, but still reluctant to go. When I met derrick at the park entrance, he gave me my stuff and we chatted for a bit. I asked if I could use his sticker to get in to go up to the lodge. I first visited with a really good friend Shauna, too bad Gabe was asleep but we snuck into the room and looked at him. Then I went and talked with rich and Kimberly. Derrick and I had a long good talk. here is the adventure part


Has anyone heard of the joke where this guy is sitting on a roof and in a flood, he is praying to God for help and people on a raft, boat, helicopter all stopped to help him and he told them, no My God is going to save me. Well he dies and when he meets St. Peter at the Pearly Gates he asked Peter why God didn't help him. Peter just said, "you stupid he sent three people to help you!" First of all Shauna asked me to stay the night on here spare bed, I told her no, I want to go camping for the last time. Then Derrick asks me to stay with Shauna but I told him no I want to go camping for the last time. On my way out I stopped by Liz's to ask if she would charge my phone for the night and she asked me to stay with her and I told her the same old story. Here I go, I had to camp in the National Forrest because it is free, well the only place to camp is about 20 miles off the main road in the middle of the forest. I actually started to get scared but by then I did have a choice of going back, realized I was almost out of gas, my phone charger broke on the way up there so I had no phone because I left it with Liz. At this time I thought of that joke and I I pray that God would forgive me for not listening to someone, anyone! The fun still kept going. I kind of was lost, I got stuck in a mud puddle and spun my tires there until I rocked myself loose, and it is about 11pm. I found a place to put up my tent but I had never put this tent up before. Long story short, It was a very long cold night that I did not sleep at all. I heard the wolves all night long. Once it was light enough that I felt not so scared, I packed up and went back to the lodge and knocked on Derricks door with my sleeping bag in hand to sleep on the floor.


Derrick wasn't too happy that I actually went by myself and I probably wouldn't do it again!

No comments: