Monday, December 20, 2010

Lets talk about the Rain

My beautiful white Christmas is being washed away with the rain. Why must the rain take away the beauty of the snow. This is mine and Derrick's first Christmas together and I was looking forward to a White Christmas. Ideally that would be great... we will just have to wait and see.

Rain brings many problems, well in Morgan valley, the water table is quite high to begin with. Now that the rain is melting the snow it is making the water table extremely high. We got a call about 12:20 am from Derrick's brother saying his home is flooding in the basement. We left in our jammies, stopped at the store, and headed to Petersen. It was there that we found the food room wet; it was in the beginning stages and had the potential to being so much more. It took the boys til 5am to figure out how to fix the problem, clog the problem and then find the source. WOW, what a long night. We stayed the night there and then in the morning I found out that the water actually had gotten to my mom's house. We then drove to Morgan to help my parents for the day.

To top off the busy crazy day....Derrick's truck has been in the shop getting new brakes. We found out that the the lining of the transmission fluid has been leaking on the breaks. No wonder we had to replace them. Now we need to replace the lining. My car needs new tires too..... Can I just say, Merry Freak'n Christmas. LOL I have realized that everything comes in Threes. Lets hope the tires is the third one. I am looking forward to my first Christmas with my sweet husband and I can't wait to see what he got me. We tried to keep everything a secrete. We also had fun this year adopting a child at our local YCC. I wish I could see her face when she opens her presents of toys, or the confidence she may gain as she wears cloths that are clean and new,  feels cozy and warm with her new blanket and jammies. It is ok if I never know that little girl or know how happy she is on Christmas. We had a lot of fun shopping.

No comments: