Wednesday, December 22, 2010

MY THROAT AND EARS! What a combo!

Another day at home, I have gotten a lot of advice from friends on what to do with the sore throat.

  • Yes. Gargle with salt water or listerine.
  • Jack always says squeezing lime juice down your throat works. It is nearly unbearable but I think it really does work!
  • Honey and vanilla chamomile tea. Or warm water with lemon squeezed in it. Or Halls fruit breezers work nicely
  • Popcicles. Lots and LOTS of popcicles. Get your throat swabbed honey; strept is going around like crazy. At least at my house it is!
  • I am with Becca on this. Tea and honey. A peppermint herbal tea is great. Chamomille will relax you and help you sleep.
  • Orange juice...it always makes my sore throat feel better!
  • Warm chicken broth.
  • Ask Shilo! She has a non-alcoholic hot totty that works. It has apple cider vinegar, honey and ceyenne pepper.
  •  I had a cold a couple of weeks ago, and would heat a mug of water with a slice of lemon and honey in it- seemed to help

    I am deciding which, if all of these are solutions to my problem! Maybe my solution is to go to a doctor. I don't have insurance with Derrick and I in school full time. I was told the other day that with the whole Obama Health Care thing I am able to get back on my parents insurance for another 10months until I am 26. GEEEZ I thought 25 was old..... 26 sounds older!! My dad confirmed this to me also. With the the holidays it will take a few days to get the insurance thing all worked out! I hope it works! My sweet husband made me breakfast and went to the store to buy me juice to drink! I think my real problem is my ears or sinuses draining. I had this problem for like 3 weeks, then I had a few week break, here it is again! I need to see my ENT doctor because I have tubes in my ears, but insurance will solve many problems.

    No comments: