Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 4

Day 4
After a long day In NYC we woke up this morning with sniffles and achey bodies. We decided to sleep in a little bit longer before heading over to Rhode Island. I make all my reservations online for my hotels before coming on a trip and I typically prepay for the room because it is almost $20 less, this time I mistakingly didn't prepay. We stayed in a beautiful hotel and upon check out the General Manager did not want to give me the rate that was on my reservation. I have gone a lot of places and stayed in a lot of hotels, I am no pushover. I told her that we would have that rate before I would leave. After 30 minutes of going back and forth and had choice hotels on the phone, she gave me that rate. I would have never have chosen that hotel if it was the price she wanted me to pay! 


The down fall of our trip, everything for this this was all set up and organized on the computer. There were some unfortunate things that happened to where we did not have a navigation device or the internet and that was what we were banking on. We have the iPad but today as we were driving our internet stopped working. I sent Jenn into  Walmart for a map that covers Connecticut and Rhode Island. After driving for 90 mins, Derrick and Jenn were sound asleep (normal). I grabbed the map out of Derricks hand and soon realized that we were not on the map. GRRR where are my navigators!  I soon found that out the map only covered Connecticut!  I should have made states both states were one the map.... assumed they did that! I pulled off the freeway in Warwick, Rhode Island. the map was no longer good to us. I was on the phone with my mom, AT&T, Apple, mother-in-law for 3 hours...... Grrrr so frustrated. We ran into a Walmart, several gas stations and no one had maps of Rhode Island. Maybe they think the state is so small that they do not need to sell maps. Jenn and Derrick walked around Walmart and Payless for the whole time. When all was said and done it was 4pm in the afternoon and we finally had Internet on the iPad. I knew where we wanted to go and the roads to get there.... Just not sure where those roads were.... Derrick did pick up hand warmers in Walmart which came in handy later on today. We decided to skip going on the boot of massachusetts and go back to Mystic SeaPort, Ct for the evening. For Halloween they had Frights and Sights going on. We walked around this old harbor and went on old ships that were spook alleys, old abandoned buildings where they would tell us scary stories.... Lots of kid friendly things to do too. We were there on the perfect night, some celebration with lots of fireworks..... It was extremely cold so we sat a clear tent and bought hot coco. AWESOME Night! .....definitely want to go back during the day, lots to see. We drove back to Warwick to stay the night. WARNING.... Do not stay in the Warwick AirportComfort Inn. I am a third generation Comfort Inn seclusive sleepers (or sister companies). I typically only stay with them and I think they are a great price (normally) for a good night sleep. This one was an exception.... Smelled awful when we went in, floor not really clean, wrappers on floor. Jenn already crawled into bed  and she thought the whole hotel would be the same. Mold in toilet, door had 10 screws holding it together, cigar wrappers on floor, it was so bad that Derrick spayed cologne on our pillows to smell better so we could sleep. I called the front desk and told them.... You better believe I will be leaving this review on trip advisory and calling corporate. If I payed $50 a night I would expect this. But I did not pay anywhere near this! I took pictures and I was not a happy customer. This is not the end..... early start tomorrow for Boston!


















Sent from my iPad

No comments: