Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 5 of NewEngland

Day five
I could not ask for a better day!.... Minus the rain and snow. We got up really early to drive into Boston, stopped in Provindece, RI for Derrick. HP Lovecraft was buried at a cemetery there. We were going to stop in River Falls for Jenn, I guess Lizzy Bordem's house is there. We drove past way too early in the morning to take a tour. We were thinking we would hit morning commute traffic and thought it was amazing that we didn't. Once in Boston we realized it was Saturday! On vacation I always loose track of days. We parked down by Boston Commons and waited there for the walking tour guild to open. Had we had different resources we would have walked the freedom tour self-guided but not so much this time! Boston is really an amazing city, easily walked in a day lots to do in several. Compared to NYC, Boston is a clean city. I just loved how much it is rich in history! Our tour guild was awesome. On the northside we had canolles, pastries stuffed with typically creamy, sweet riccatta cheese! This place was amazing, Modern Pastries! Before we drove out of town we stopped there for another one. I would fly into Boston just to have those! We took two tours back to back and learned so much. As the tour was finished it started to rain, and when it rains, it pours. We hurried back to Quincy Market to find refuge. We spent about an hour plus trying to find something to do for the evening. All of our options for haunted houses were cancelled because of the supposing snowstorm. We opted to drive north to our hotel and find something to do in Salem tomorrow. We got on the freeway as it started to snow.... 30ish minute drove became a scary, snowy drive. I am totally comfortable driving in snow. I am not so comfortable with the stupid drivers on the rode. I actually prefer to drive because I am an anxious passenger! At one point I was forced to take an exit off the freeway, luckily I could get back on quickly. An hour and half maybe two hours later we made it to our hotel. By that time there was already a foot of snow on the ground. I was so exhausted, I crawled right into bed. About 10pm I heard an annoying fire alarm chirp, I told Derrick to have Jenn help him figure it out.... And I rolled back over. I guess the power was out in the hotel and most of New England.




Our Tour Guide






Love how this one turned out!


Love this place!
 

Because everyone needs  Feminine hygiene products and bubble gum! 
Bunker Hill

Yes the drive home!





No comments: