Thursday, June 7, 2012

Birthday Madness


I’ll be the first to admit that I hate celebrating birthdays. I don’t like mine, in-fact, I make sure my birthdate is not attached to my Facebook or any other social media. I’m not a BIRTHDAY SCROOGE, I like it when friends and family call and I do the same for them.  I allow Derrick to celebrate my birthday because he LOVES his so much! I have all the control of what we do and where we go! It is just another day of the year for me! I get a little anxious that if I give him full rein, he will publish it for the entire world to hear!

So when Derrick’s comes around it is very hard for me to make a BIG DEAL about it! I wouldn’t mind giving a gift, making a favorite dinner, and having cake’n ice cream.
That is not what Derrick has in mind; his birthday is more like a month of celebrating (if he had is way). I went on a limb this year and made it special…. This was beyond everything I wanted to do!! Here is why I did it though.

Derrick was born January 13th and funny enough, his GOLDEN birthday (turned 13 on the 13th) was even on a Friday. This only happens every 7 years. Well Derrick’s 29th birthday was this year! Given the date, and day of the week I made it a superstitious surprise party. I invited our family, friends, and neighbors.

I sent out broken glass looking invites, decorated the house with bad luck superstitions, lots of yummy food, my dad’s all black cat, and we had lots of fun with friends and family! What a great party…. It still didn’t convince me to do it again in another year! Lol

After the party some of Derrick’s friends stayed and played board games and they each wore a hat of D’s just for fun! Thank you everyone who made it a fun night!


Dad's black CAT, not happy and wanted to go home!














No comments: