Thursday, June 7, 2012

January, 5th 2012


On this evening my mother-in-law was over helping me with some homework when Derrick rushed into the house after running an errand for me. He told us he had heard some gunshots. I quickly dismissed the very idea. Soon we got a call from Derrick’s brother asking what the cross street was of our house because there had been a shooting; this shooting was all over the news. Literally it was a few blocks North of us on our road. WOW it was a little too close for comfort! Derrick got out his police scanner and began listening to the reports of police officers down. It wouldn't be until the next day that we found out one officer had been killed and several others severely wounded.
I have loved living in Ogden, but the days following I felt the community pulled together to support this fallen officer and wounded officer’s families! It reaffirmed why I loved living there.
We were asked by our ward to be along the funeral precession route supporting Agent Jared Francom. The Boys Scouts of America asked us to be along the route in uniform with flags. We took the afternoon off from work and school and supported this hero, he was only doing his job. He left behind a loving wife and two little girls, and many other friends and family. This precession route lasted about 2 hours! How incredible, I happily waited in the cold with no coat on (I wanted my scout uniform to show) for someone protecting my neighborhood! 








No comments: