Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Christmas


I love this time of year! The music, family, friends, decorating, candy making, festivities, food, and did I mention food? All of the above make it worth all the hectic schedules! It is a time that I am reminded everywhere I look about the Saviors Birth! 

For Christmas we split our time up over both of our homes. Christmas Eve we had fun at Derrick’s grandma’s (can you even have a double ‘s in a row?) house in Petersen and the brothers put on quite the puppet show.


My mom let us borrow her bells and it was a huge hit with the cousins.

THIS year we made PJ’s for Derrick’s siblings and us, although we only have a picture of them. We chose Minnesota Vikings colors for the boys and a cute girl pattern that fit.



We went across the valley into Morgan to my mom’s house but everyone was already in bed, they were ready for Santa. We drove back to Petersen and played games and ate lots and lots of food. Christmas morning we had fun opening presents with Derrick’s siblings and after breakfast we headed to my parents to do the same. Our parents still made sure we had a present to open even though they helped us pay for WOOD BADGE! Opening presents at my parents was fun and we enjoyed cousins coming over too!

All in all we had a wonderful Holliday! And I love that our families are in the same valley, only a 10min drive between them on the holidays! We are so blessed to have such an amazing support system!

I made Derrick a gingerbread house for his work.

Reindeer 

My niece Sera 

Walking around Ogden's Christmas Village

The cemetery near our home light candles and puts thousands of them around the cemetery on the 23rd. Cars are lined up driving with head lights off through the cemetery. It is really neat!

No comments: