Saturday, November 16, 2013

OUr CRAZY unexpected MOVE!




Here is our crazy moving story! We were planning on staying in our apartment for at least 2 years. Our lease was going to be up in a few months and we were going to sign another year lease. My brother lived with us and we really could only afford the apartment we were in with his help. Sometime in February my brother let us know that he would no longer be staying with us. Blah! Now we were on the hunt to find a place to live! :( I jokingly said that whatever happened, we would not move in with our parents! Lol I mean we both have full-time jobs and have lived on our own for nearly 7 years and together 3! We tried to find a place to live in our ward but we lived in the only apartments in the boundaries! There were no homes for rent or sale in our whole ward boundary.
We decided to start looking north into Ogden because I worked in Mtn. Green and Derrick in Ogden! We drove the streets of Ogden at night and took down every number for apartments we could. As we called on the apartments somehow all of the apartments would be rented right before we would call. I am not even sure how this was possible, but I’m guessing we were every landlords good luck charm. I bet we called on near 50 apartments for rent. No fault of our own we could not find a place to live. As the month of April came and the 30th of that month our lease would be up. Derrick told me he felt that we needed to move to Morgan. Ok!! I was down with that! Back to the hunt for apartments, but this time in Morgan county. We asked around and we were told that the Johanson apartments had 2 apartments available, when we called, nothing. A week later Derrick said, I feel we need to ask your family to live with them. At that point, I was up for anything! When we asked my parents, my dad said he figured we were going to ask! I am not sure if that was comforting or not! This would be a hard move! Everything of ours would have to go into storage, I mean EVERYTHING! We could take only some clothes and the most essential things! So we went from a 3 bedroom home/two car garage, to a 2 bedroom apartment/little storage closet, to a 12x10 bedroom with a storage shed! CRAZY where life takes you! Just hold on and you’ll be where you’re supposed to be!


No comments: