Friday, November 15, 2013

Woodbadge!



One thing about being on staff I was extremely saddened that Derrick would not be able to go with me! Even if he was asked he could not take the time off work. We attended the original training for a week together and so he was bummedout ! I cannot tell you how much time I have spent preparing to be on Woodbadge staff; over six months of trainings and organizing! Last minute we had several troop guides that could no longer be on course. Can I just say that it takes months to get ready and they are almost unreplacable (I know it is not a real word, but that is the word that says what I mean).

Derrick’s job suddenly didn’t work out for the BEST! And the weekend before we supposed to go up to camp, I suggested to our course director that Derrick could fill in the absent troop guide position. He has helped me prepare for months! They put Derrick in as a Troop Guide over the Eagles; I was over the Bob Whites. We both read over the names in our patrols and knew it would be a great course! Here are some pictures!! Also because we were on staff we would earn our 3rd bead! THREE BEADERS! The first few days were exhausting! Up super early, bed super late! WE both have so many good friends because of Woodbadge! 
 
My mom presented my 3rd bead!

My dad giving Derrick his 3rd bead! 


Tiring week!

Eagle Patrol

Eagle Patrol

Beautiful Camp Keisel

Service project





Campfire Program

Derrick  doing the light and creamy skit!



So cute! 

Flag Ceremony

My Bobwhite Patrol! 

Ohhh they think they are funny! lol

Devin! 
One of the best weeks!! 

No comments: