Thursday, May 2, 2013

Encompass Family Camp


On our way home from Philmont Scout Ranch I decided to go to Family Camp with my siblings, nieces, nephews, and the parentals. Family Camp is for adults attending Woodbadge and their whole family is able to go with them. The non-Woodbadge participants attend Family Camp. A program that is designed with different age groups with fun things to do for the whole family.  It is always over the 4th of July. Volunteers like my family, pay for the basic food for the week and are given an age group to be over. My first year I was over the 3& 4 yr olds! So fun! My dad was over the rockets, two siblings attended Woodbadge, and 7 nieces and nephews! So fun! In my tent I had two boys that barfed all night and another night wet the bed they were sharing! A few rough nights!! Lol Family camp is great for kids who want to go to a summer camp. Depending on the age group, they may go white water rafting, repelling, rock climbing, caving, canoeing, and much moreIts about $100 for the kids for the week including food, and parents that volunteer to be over an age group pays $55 for the week, basically their food. You do not have to be attending Woodbadge to attend; it is really a great place for a family to spend a week camping! My brother from Idaho sends his children to come with us all week! I really made some friends that I know will be friends for a long time! I can't wait for Derrick to spend a week at Family camp next year!!

Keira



My niece Ally


All the crew for the week! 

Campfire! 

No comments: