Monday, May 6, 2013

Tomorrow is Never Promised

One morning I felt really strongly that I should tx my friend Whitney. I just tx, "hey how are you". Her response was, "have you heard" ...... uhmmmm no, heard what?! immediately I mind jumped to her husband and kids!! WHAT HAPPENED!? She didn't tx me back before I sent, "Whit, your scaring me, what has happened?!" I called Derrick to call her husband and see if we can work from both ends. I finally got a tx back that said, "Maddi died this morning." .... what!!? Never in my wildest dream would I have ever thought Whitney's baby sister would die. I had just saw her a week ago and she was her bubbly, happy-go-lucky self! Why do the good have to die young!? Maddi and Whitney were seriously connected at the hip. My heart broke into a million pieces for Whit! That night we drove to Eden to stop by Whitney's parents house. We bought vibrant flowers that reminded us of Maddi. It was there that we got what details they had on an early morning single-rollover car accident that had ejected Maddi. The details where sickening and the last hours of her life where devastating. Maddi's funeral was amazing. I was grateful for an understanding boss who let me have a half day off, given it was my first week of work. Until we meet again Maddi! 

No comments: