Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Derrick's work


We got word the day before we were leaving on our trip that Derrick was going to be laid off at the end of the month. We decided to enjoy spring break and we would figure things out when we got back. I knew that I would need a fulltime job incase Derrick couldn’t find anything. So I let my work know that I would be leaving them by mid April, giving them about a month. Once we arrived home, Derrick, I and his mom put in application EVERYwhere we could see that was hiring. He had hardly any nibbles. WE were planning on heading to Logan, UT later in the year to go to school, we even put in applications there for employment. I really wasn’t worried but I knew we couldn’t survive without him working.
One day Derrick decided to call the supply delivery guy who goes to all of the lock shops around and delivers. Derrick figured he might know of a job in one of those shops. After talking with him on a Monday he told Derrick that the distributing company that he worked for was in need of an employee. Tuesday he put in his application/resume, he was called Wednesday for an interview for Friday, Monday he was offered the job to start the following Monday. There was no time-lapse in-between the jobs. We were extremely blessed! This job would also provide insurance, paid vacation, and paid holidays! Something we have never had before! The only problem was the location of the job. We wanted to go to school in Logan but Derrick’s work was in Salt Lake City now. Thinking and praying would be in order! 

No comments: