Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Woodbadge


Instead of gifts from our parents last Christmas, Derrick and I’s parents gave us money to put towards Woodbage. My mom was going to be on staff.
Wood Badge offers a six day immersion in the theory, practice, and experience of effective skills for leading others within Scouting and in many environments beyond the BSA. Like many intense training experiences, it guides participants through learning activities where they work together, organize, and develop an enthusiasm and team spirit to accomplish the tasks and challenges placed before them.”
We were put into patrols and I was in the Beaver Patrol and Derrick was an Owl. I loved the week and it sincerely helped me gain the spirit of scouting and helped to me be a better leader and person! Oh and no one mentioned to me that we would have to sleep outside.... YES in the snow!! The first night I was FREEEZING and the second night I was pleasantly warm because everyone gave me extra stuff!!
At the end of the week we left with “tickets”, these are 5 goals of how we are going to directly help the scouts. We have 18 months to accomplish these so we can earn my Woodbadge beads!
Our Staff

My patrol

Derrick's Patrol, he is 2nd from left

Derrick Patrols tents

My patrol setting up camp

So PRETTY

My mom and I! LOVE HER


Back to Gilwell, Happy Land! 

No comments: