Thursday, November 15, 2012

Mollie Rose



One of the hardest things I did this summer was let a ‘little sister’ grow up and marry her sweetheart in Sweden! Summer of 2011 Mollie went away to spend the summer in Sweden; it was there she met Joel! Joel was everything she ever wanted in an eternal companion and than some! She came home at the end summer and I believe half of her heart stayed there! Joel had ‘big plans’ to fly here for Christmas. I was a little worried at first but once I met him I completely understood why she couldn’t live without him! The distance for Mollie was extremely hard and emotional! I think I was slowly preparing for the day that she would leave me and join him in Sweden for good! I had no idea how hard that day would really be! I have been fortunate to be an older sister to the 5 Bateman girls! I started tending these girls in 2000 and fell in love with the whole family!! They kidnap me and take me to dinner and movies and I love their friendship! Seeing Mollie leave was so hard! I tried to get airfare for her wedding but could never afford the ticket L I was so happy for her and her decision but disappointed I could not be there! BOY did I cry when I got to take her to the airport, cry some more when I took her family the following week, cry the day she got married and they sent me video and pictures, cry more when I picked the family up…. Crying was not out of the norm! Here I am crying while typing this! I still miss her and can’t wait to see her again! I am so blessed for social media that allows me to still be apart of her life!!





1 comment:

Mollie Rose Herrey said...

Awwww!!!!! I love this... I almost cried too! :( I am glad I got a whole blog post dedicated to me though!!
LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU SOOOOO MUCH! i will see you again soon :)