Monday, September 14, 2009

An afternoon alone with Amy

It was a good experience today. Amy is home from the hospital and Amy's mom left me alone with her, my first time alone with her. She asked me if I felt comfortable and I said yes. I think Amy has had better days... I have a monitor that watches her heart rate and oxygen levels and it will beep if they go out of wack. Today her oxygen level dropped so low that I was in a panic to get it up and get oxygen in her. And this afternoon her heart rate went really high. She just had surgery so I gave her pain meds, and tried to move her to a different location to make her comfortable. It worked and I was relieved! I love working in this home! While her mom was away I turned on my ipod and blared the music from the little ear buds so we could barley hear the music! She smiled the whole time the music was on! and I sang too, not sure if that made her sad or happy! She loves to listen to music!
SO this weekend I so should have done homework but I didn't, I still want my Saturdays to myself but I have come to realize that I can't have them all alone. I have so much due tomorrow that I am going to suffer for my lack of homework doing:( It will all be done!

No comments: